Paying Bills

If the person you are caring for can no longer manage paying the bills:

  • Consider changing the contact name on financial accounts to your name or a person who has Power of Attorney.
  • When accounts are in joint names or in the name of the person diagnosed with TBI, it may not be easy to change names on financial accounts. You may need to obtain legal guardianship.
  • Consider online banking and bill paying.