Federal Employment Preferences for Family Members

If your spouse or child is a service member or veteran who is a totally disabled, retired, or separated member of the Armed Forces (has been retired with a disability rating at the time of retirement of 100 percent; or retired/separated from the Armed Forces with a disability rating of 100 percent from the Department of Veterans Affairs), you may be eligible for expedited recruitment and selection for federal civil service positions.

You can search for a federal civil service position by contacting a CareerOneStop Center. Introduce yourself as the spouse of a disabled veteran and ask to speak with a work force specialist. This individual can tell you about job opportunities in your area.