Public Benefits

For up-to-date information on government benefits offered to active duty service members and veterans, visit the "Military: Active Duty and Veterans" page at

For caregivers of service members and veterans, the following resources provide information:

  • If you lose your job because caregiving is demanding too much of your time, check out unemployment benefits. They may provide some income while you look for other work.
  • You may also be eligible for other public benefits such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamps, and Women Infants and Children (WIC) supplemental food benefits (if you have young children up to age five).
  • Browse by State online at for the appropriate agency that administers these programs in your community.